Brother Printer Default Password
What is the Brother Printer Default Password? How and where to use this password? How to change this Brother Printer Default Password? If you are also searching for answers to these questions, then you have landed in the right place. Here, we are providing you with a complete guide which will solve all the queries that are in your head.
In recent years, Brother Printers have gained immense importance. They provide high-quality and fast printing with a minimum number of errors. With the increase in the usage of printers, it becomes vital to secure your Brother Printer with a strong password. This will protect your printer from unauthorized access.
Brother Printers Default Password and username comes along with the Brother Printers. This will help you to go ahead with the general tasks of the printer. Although, it is recommended to change the username and password and keep all the information confidential and protected. At present, the default password for managing printer machine settings is “initpass”.
Changing this Brother Printer Default Password will secure your printer from unauthorized access as well as secures various features like:
- Remote Setup
- BRAdmin Light/BRAdmin Professional
- Firmware Update Tool
- Web-Based Management
The Process To Use of Brother Printer Default Password:
Brother Printer Default Password is to be used for the general setting of the printer. For using the password, follow the below-given process.
- Click “Start” button from the printer panel.
- Now, select “All Programmes”.
- Next, you have to select:
- MFC-XXXX LAN or MFC-XXXX
- Remote Setup
- Now, enter the default password. Make sure that your printing machine is well connected via a network.
The default password for all the Brother printers is “initpass”.
But, for general users, Username is “users” while for administrators, Username is “administrator”. These usernames, in both cases, are case-sensitive. Hence, you should enter them in lowercase letters.
Change Your Default Password
So, for changing the Brother Printers Default Password, you have to follow the below-given steps. These steps are to be followed just after you start using the machine.
- Firstly, open a preferred web browser.
- Then, enter “http://machine’s IP address” in the address bar. Here, the “Machine’s IP Address” is the IP address of the machine or it can be the printer server name.
- Now, it will open a Brother Printer Login field. In the required field, enter the Brother Printer Default Password i.e “initpass”.
- After that, click the “Administrator” tab. In case, you don’t get the administrator tab on your screen, then click the “Login Password” option.
- Next, in the “Enter New Password” field, you are required to enter the password that you want to use. Make sure you create a unique and strong password that will help to keep your account safe and secure.
- In the next field, re-enter the password that you have created. This step is to confirm the password you are creating.
- Lastly, click Submit.
- Subsequently, your Brother Printer Default Password will change.
This above-given information will help you in a better and in-depth understanding of Printer Default Password. You may also Read Here about Brother Printer not Printing issue,