Brother Printer Not Printing
Brother Printers comes with the latest technology features which provide better quality printouts. Therefore, sometimes users face technical issues while the Brother printer not printing. Hence, we are here to guide you when Brother printer not printing.
Solutions to Consider While Brother Printer Not Working:
To verify whether your printer is turned or not
- Firstly, verify whether your printer is plugged into a working outlet.
- Also, make sure that all the power switches are turned to the On position.
- Check whether your printer is powered on or not.
- Then, check your printer for any error lights.
Fixing USB Cable
- Firstly, remove the USB cable from the printer and your computer as well.
- After that, clean up the ports. Make sure there is no dust in the printer port.
- Then, reconnect the cables from both ends and connect them to the right port and the right devices.
- Lastly, turn on your printer and test print to check if the problem still present or not.
Download the Network Repair Utility
- Go to the brother printer support page.
- Then, click on the link given for the downloading of Network repair utility.
- After downloading, open the download folder.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to extract Network Repair utility software. Now, your “NetTool folder” is created.
- Open the NetTool folder and then double-click on the downloaded software.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions.
Verify the Installation of Printer Driver
- Click on the Start button.
- Then, go to settings and select “Printers and Scanners”.
- After that, view the installed printer on the device.
- Make sure that the Brother Printer is on the list. In case, if the printer’s name is not listed then your printer driver is not installed properly.
- Now, verify that the Brother printer is set as default or not. Because this is important if you use the print icon to print from within applications.
- Subsequently, if the Brother printer is set as the default printer, it will have a checkmark in front of the icon.
- Then, to set your Brother machine as the default printer, right-click on the Brother printer and select Set As Default (Printer).
Verify Whether the Printer status is ready or Not and the print Queue is empty.
- Firstly, in the printer folder, locate the Brother printer in the list and then take the mouse to the Brother Printer icon.
- If there are any documents waiting in the queue, right-click on the Brother printer and select Cancel All Documents.
- This will clear the queue.
- Now, if the status states: (Use Printer) Offline. Then right-click on the Brother printer and uncheck Use Brother Printer Offline or select Use Printer Online depending on your operating system.
- Subsequently, this will set the printer driver Online.
- In case, if the status states: Paused, right-click on the Brother printer and unchecked Pause Printing or click Resume Printing depending on your operating system.
Configure The Printer Port Settings
- Firstly, click on the Brother Printer driver and left click on properties.
- Click the ports tab from the printer driver property screen.
- Click on Add Port after selecting the communication port from your computer.
- Then, choose Standard TCP/IP Port then click New Port.
- The Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard will appear and then click Next.
- Subsequently, type the IP address of your Brother machine noted earlier.
- Now, if you receive a window requesting Additional Port information then the computer is not operating properly with the printer. You have to troubleshoot or eliminate as many of these factors as possible.
- Then, if you receive a window stating “Completing the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard”, look for the section Adapter Type.
- After that, if the communication between the printer and computer is completed then this section should indicate that the computer is communicating with a Brother Print Server or will list the node name of the Brother machine.
- Now, click “FINISH”.
- Lastly, click on the General Tab.
Uninstall or Reinstall the Printer Driver
Sometimes there may be a problem with incomplete, or improper driver installation. So, you have to resolve this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.
- Click on the “Start” button. Then, go to “All Programs” from there.
- Select “Brother” from “All Programs”.
- Then, click on the “Uninstall” option.
- After confirming that you want to remove this software completely from your device. Click on the “Ok” button.
- Wait until the uninstallation process is going on.
- After the uninstallation, you will be prompted to restart the computer. For that, click on “Yes” your computer will restart.
- For the installation of software on your device insert the supplied CD-ROM for Windows into your CD-ROM drive.
- After that, the Brother CD-ROM menu should now appear. In case, if the Main install menu does not appear when you insert the CD-Rom follow the steps listed below:
- Firstly, click on “My Computer” on your desktop.
- Then, double-click on the CD-ROM drive containing the Brother CD-ROM. Next, click on it.
- Now, select the printer from the main menu.
- After that, select the language.
- Then, select the Install Printer Driver.
- Next, select Network Cable Users.
- Hence, the driver installation starts.
- After that, when the License Agreement window appears, click Yes if you agree to the License Agreement.
- Lastly, select “Standard Installation”, and then click Next.
Hence, the above instructions will help you in solving the problem faced while Brother Printer Not Printing.