Brother Printer Offline
Brother Industries is one of the most renowned manufacturers of electronics and electrical equipment. It is a Japanese company that provides worldwide users with a wide range of products, including multifunction printers, desktop computers, label printers, consumer and industrial sewing machines, typewriters, and many more. Brother Printers are known for their innovative and advanced features, unmatched performance, and robust design. These multi-purpose printers are best for serving all printing-related requirements of both home and business. However, sometimes, the users face some technical glitches in all of the technological products. One of the most frequent and common issues encountered by the Brother printer users is Brother Printer Offline. This issue occurs when the adequately connected and functional printers stop functioning. Therefore, for such users, we have provided below all the necessary details and solutions related to this recurring issue.
What Does Brother Printer Offline Mean?
To understand what exactly Brother Printer Offline means, you must first get a brief idea of how a printer works. Brother printer is an ultimate technological innovation that combines advanced features and unmatched performance. Brother printer is designed to read and transmit from the computer’s hard drive to perform the print function. It does not have an inbuilt hard-drive. Besides, it requires a medium to view your document stored on your computer’s hard drive to perform.
In other words, it requires a channel to communicate with the computer to read and transmit data/ text from the hard-drive. To put it differently, your network connection acts as a bridge between the two devices. It transmits the document to be printed while the printer reads and prints it. Mostly, the internet connection is established via an Ethernet cable. However, most of the recent models allow a WiFi connection.
However, this world-class performance of Brother Printer is interrupted if it is not connected to the computer properly. The printer fails to implement the computer’s “Print” command if there is any issue in connecting the two devices. At the same time, your computer will display a Brother Printer Offline message.
Brother Printer Offline
Brother Printer Offline is an extremely common and recurrent issue that occurs on account of multiple reasons. Some of the most prominent causes are listed below
Connectivity is one of the major reasons that affect the functioning of your printer. This may be on account of the following factors
- Your internet network is faulty with low signal strength and interrupted i.e. low/ unresponsive connection.
- Your computer and printer are connected to different networks.
- The USB cable connecting the computer and printer is loose or improperly plugged in.
- The Ethernet cables are loose.
Another reason that hampers your experience with the Brother printer is jammed paper. In other words, the printing paper gets stuck in the printer which halts the printing process. As a result, you get the Brother Printer Offline problem. This can happen due to the following problems.
- Paper is fed incorrectly in the printer’s paper tray. This includes folded or frayed paper, misaligned sheets, overloaded tray etc.
- Additionally, it can be due to Damaged Rollers.
- Besides that, using low-quality paper or anything other than the specified one can create serious issues. It can also damage your printer permanently.
- Apart from this, low-quality cartridges can also lead to jammed paper, you can also contact Brother Printer Support to solve these issues.
Faulty, dysfunctional or obsolete hardware is another reason that leads to the Brother Printer Offline issue. This includes problems with the printer, connecting cables, switches, computer etc.
Whenever you give multiple Print commands from your computer before the printer actually executes the function. Then, your Print commands stand in queue and the function is executed as per the list. However, at times this process may get unresponsive for various reasons. This interrupts the Printer’s operations and you get the Brother Printer Offline issue.
Quick Fixes For Brother Printer Offline
The Printer Offline issue can be fixed simply by correcting some minor glitches by following the suggestions given below:-
Replace defective hardware
First of all, you must ensure that your printer’s hardware and drivers are latest and working properly. In case of any issue with them, simply replace or upgrade them.
Restore USB Connection
The USB cable connecting the printer and the computer must be in perfect condition.
- It must be “plugged in” accurately to both the devices.
- In case if it is loose, unplug the cable and plug it back.
- Moreover, replace the Ethernet cable if it is damaged. Replace it with another properly functioning cable.
- Besides that, try plugging in the cable to another USB port of the computer.
Reboot Your Computer
Rebooting the computer system can resolve many technical glitches. If you are facing the Brother Printer Offline issue, you should try completely shutting down the computer and switch it on again. This can resolve the printer and computer connectivity issues and other problems.
Fix Paper Jamming
Carefully remove all the sheets or paper scraps placed in the printer’s paper tray and paper path. Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform the procedure:-
- Turn off the printer.
- Open all doors or Remove the segments leading to the paper tray.
- Carefully and slowly pull out all paper scraps from the printer’s machinery.
- Accurately, close all the doors and segments of the printer.
- Finally, switch on the printer.
Troubleshoot Brother Printer Offline
To restore the connection between the computer and printer, you should resolve issues that are hindering the communication between the two devices. Therefore, we have given the guidelines to reestablish the connection between printer and computer so that the printer can access and follow the command sent by the computer. Before that, ensure that the printer is switched on and properly connected to the computer through cable:-
Disable VPN Connection
The error may also occur if you are using a VPN connection to connect the computer with a network printer.
- First, disconnect from the VPN connection. Thereafter, restart your computer and once again try to access your printer.
- However, in case if you wish to use the VPN connection. Then, you should directly connect your printer to the computer through a USB cable.
- Alternatively, modify your VPN configurations to grant your printer with Local Network Access.
- The above set of solutions should be able to assist you in resolving the Brother Printer Offline trouble. However, in case if you still continue to face the issue. Then, you should immediately seek expert technical assistance.