Brother Printer Drivers
Brother Printer Driver is a piece of software that helps you in establishing a connection between your computer and printer. It performs the necessary actions and allows the printer to understand the data sent by your device for printing. Here, you will get detailed procedures to download and install Brother Printer Drivers on your system.
Necessary Points to Take Into Consideration Before Installing the Printer Driver
- Your printer must be properly set up. Ink Cartridges should already be installed and a stack of pages must be loaded.
- You should connect your printer to the same wireless network as your computer. Otherwise, the driver will fail to detect your printer while setting up.
- If your printer does not support wireless connectivity, use a USB cord that is supplied with your printer to develop a connection among your printer and computer.
- It is recommended that you should download Brother printer drivers from the official Brother Printer Support Page rather than any third-party website or any unidentified developer. Otherwise, you may face installation issues or it may degrade your computer performance.
- The Brother printer driver installation requires high-speed internet. Make sure your PC is receiving strong Wifi signals when setting up the software to eradicate unusual errors.
- If you can’t access the Brother printer website after several attempts, try to access the web page using the private mode of the web browser. Also, ensure that your web browser is updated to the current version.
- Sometimes any firewall or antivirus enabled on your computer creates obstruction while installing the printer driver. So, disable the firewall before setting up the software on your system.
- You must know the exact model of your printer in order to install a compatible driver. For this purpose, you can also refer to your Brother printer manual.
Simple-to-follow Process To Download Brother Printer Driver
- Navigate To Brother Printer Official Website: To start with, open a web browser and put your cursor in the address bar. Type the URL of Brother official web site i.e brother-usa.com in the address bar. On your keyboard, press the Enter key and you will arrive at the homepage.
- Provide the Correct Model Number of your Printer: You will get to see different options at the top of the homepage. To move ahead, you have to click on the Support option. Under the section of “Online Support Center”, you will see a Product Model Number field. Start entering your printer model number and then select it from the options displayed. Then, click Search.
- Click Download & Drivers: A new window will be presented on your screen, click on the “Drivers & Downloads” tab, and select the first link displayed on your screen. There you will also find an option for signing up for the latest driver updates. You can click on the specified link if you want to get the recent updates.
- Select Your Operating System: Now, a new window will come into view. Firstly, select the Operating System on which you are currently installing the driver. Also, ensure that you are selecting the correct version i.e 32 bit or 64 bit. Further, select the Language that you prefer for operating the software. Then, click Search.
- Click on the Download tab: Following this, you will arrive at a new window. Firstly, select the “Downloads” tab from the top panel of the window and then you will view different sections on your screen. Underneath the section of Full Driver & Software Package, click on the “Download & Information” link. Continuing with this, click Download.
- Review all the Terms and Conditions of Brother Printer Drivers: Now, the Terms and Conditions page will be available on your screen. One-by-One, go through with all the software terms given in the agreement without leaving any statement. If you comply with all the printer software terms, give your acceptance by clicking on the “I Accept” tab. Immediately, Brother printer drivers will start downloading on your system. Once the download is successfully completed, click Save and by doing so, the file will get saved in the Downloads folder.
Know-How To Install Printer Driver Using the Setup File
- Launch the Downloads folder and locate the “Brother Printer Drivers” installation file.
- Run the file and you will get to see the User Account Control pop-up box on your screen. In order to proceed with the installation, you have to allow the program for making certain changes to your computer. So, click Yes.
- Then, select the Language and click OK. The program will start preparing for the installation and within a few moments, you will see the License Agreement dialog box on your screen. Read the agreement thoroughly and then click Yes.
- In the next window, select the Standard radio button if you want to install the driver package recommended by Brother. Or, you can select the Custom option and make a selection for the driver and additional software on the basis of your preference. Then, click Next.
- Following this, link your Brother printer to the computer. Affix a USB cable from your printer to the computer and then click on the Next button.
- Once your printer is detected, Brother printer drivers will start installing on your system. Once the installation progress bar shows 100% completion, close the window and restart your computer.
- Launch Finder, open the downloads folder and double-click the setup file. Doing so, you will see Brother Printer Drivers installer icon on your screen. Click on it.
- The Installer window will be shown on your screen. Click Continue. This will bring up the License Agreement dialog box, read the agreement carefully, and click Continue.
- Now, you will view a pop-up box on your screen asking you to either accept or deny the agreement. To move ahead, click Agree.
- Moving on from that, “Select a Destination” dialog box will be presented on your screen. Select the disk where you want to install the software and click Continue.
- Standard Installation window will come into view. If you want to install only specific Brother printer drivers, click “Customize” given at the bottom-left corner of the dialog box and select the software that you wish to install. Upon making a selection, click on the Install button.
- Then, you will be requested to enter your Mac credentials. Provide your Mac Username and Password and click OK. Brother printer drivers will start installing on your system. Once it is done, click Close.